10 Great Tips for Getting the Best Hotel Deals in Las Vegas
How do you get the best hotel deals when you are planning your Las Vegas vacation? A little time, a little effort and some “web-work” will help you get the best rates on Las Vegas hotels.
Here are our favorite ten tips for booking the best rates on your hotel room in Las Vegas (or in any casino resort town) :
1. Be flexible in your dates. Can you stay early in the week or mid-week instead of over the weekend? Also, if you haven’t locked in your dates check the convention schedules for your destination and plan to be in town when they – the conventions – are not!
2. Try a new resort or one that is off the major drag. In Las Vegas, the new Eastside Cannery is offering a $29.95 per night special or check out the new M Resort opening March 1 in Henderson for some great deals. Also, off-Strip favorite, The Orleans Hotel & Casino, is offering nights in March as low as $48 and has a free shuttle to the Strip.
3. Check out the deals at places like hotels.com and Expedia.com for room and package offers and hotel/flight specials. I looked at dates in March and found a deal on Expedia for The Palms for three nights starting March 9 for $53 per night while the hotel’s website showed $89 per night for same the time period.
Book with confidence thanks to the Best Price Guarantee from Expedia.com
Search Here for Hotels.com Best Hotel Deals!
4. Search for promo codes. Offer codes, promo codes, discount codes – hotels issue them either by email, in mailers or right on their own websites and having one can save you lots of money when making reservations. We regularly publish codes here — see the Venetian and Palazzo post for February — on our site and are always on the look-out for ones we can pass on to our readers.
5. Call the hotel directly and ask if any special promotions or discounts are available. If you have your heart set on a specific hotel, simply call and ask what the best rate would be for your vacation dates. I’ve seen several stories lately in the travel news saying that this was a great way to get discounts.
6. Make sure you join the “players clubs” at all the casinos you visit. Casinos can’t offer you rooms and other discounts or package deals if they don’t know who you are or how to contact you! And don’t throw out those mailed offers – they may contain the “casino marketing” phone number that you can use in the future to get other great deals.
7. Once you have a players card and number, be sure to visit the casino’s website and register your email address with their online “guest book.” Lots of last-minute offers come through my email box, especially from Harrah’s properties, all the MGM Mirage resorts and the Venetian and Palazzo hotels.
8. Use your contacts. Do you have friends who frequently visit Vegas or other casino resorts? They may have a special “friends and family” discount code for their favorite resort that they would be willing to share with you.
9. Forgo a few of the amenities, especially if you aren’t going to use them. If having a world-class spa on property is important, then by all means book a hotel that offers one. On the other hand, if you plan on spending your time out and about, seeing the sights, playing in the casino and otherwise just using your room as a place to crash, then book a hotel with a great location and fewer in-house features. One of our favs when it comes to a great location for less dough — Bally’s Las Vegas
10. Take advantage of last-minute deals. The old advice was always to book way ahead for the best prices but in this uncertain economy (and one in which companies are cancelling bookings left and right) planning a spur-of-the-moment trip is becoming a great way to save some bucks.
- Las Vegas Fourth of July — Fun Events and Great Hotel Deals
- Best Las Vegas Hotel Deals — The Summer of Savings
- Find Hot Las Vegas Hotel Deals This Spring
- Las Vegas Airfare Sale — Don’t Miss These Great Deals
- Las Vegas Deals So Good You Can’t Stay Home This Spring
Tags: Bally's Las Vegas, casino hotels Las Vegas, cheap hotels Las Vegas, discount rooms, Eastside Cannery, hotel deals Las Vegas, Las Vegas hotel deals, M Resort, room deals Las Vegas, Strip hotel deals, The Orleans, The Palms