Top 15 Cool Things To Do On A Hot Vegas Day
It may be hot outside but Las Vegas offers lots of great attractions all summer long and you don’t have to break a sweat to enjoy them.
1. Tour Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay Resort And Casino. Cruising through the more than 1 million gallons of seawater can’t help but make you feel a whole lot cooler.
2. Order TWO scoops of super-rich, intensely-flavored ice cream at Sugar & Ice at Wynn Las Vegas.
3. Enjoy a frozen, fruity concoction while lying poolside at any of the city’s fabulous “ultra-pools.” We enjoy the surprisingly hidden tropical gardens and pool complex at Flamingo Las Vegas — complete with real pink flamingos.
4. Sip a cold beer inside the Fontana Lounge at the Bellagio while watching the fabulous fountain show taking place just outside.
5. Wander the wide halls of the Miracle Mile Shops at Planet Hollywood then stop for lunch at the beach-themed Hawaiian Tropic Zone restaurant (complete with bikini-clad servers!)
6. Put on your cutest sundress or flashiest Hawaiian shirt and play some blackjack at the new Beachside Casino at Mandalay Bay.
7. Take in the 2:30 matinee performance of “The Price is Right” at Bally’s Las Vegas.
8. Burgers and big, thick shakes – with or without alcohol – at BLT Burger at the Mirage.
9. Try your luck at poker, craps, slots…all in the icy (and we do mean ICY) air-conditioning of your favorite casino.
10. Check out the underwater treasures at “Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition” at the Luxor.
11. Indulge in white peach sangria while munching on spicy garlic shrimp at Café Ba Ba Reeba at Fashion Show Mall.
12. Dig into a giant bowl of the justly-famous Frrozen Hot Chocolate dessert at the new Serendipity 3 facing the Strip at Caesars Palace.
13. Summer calls for down-home BBQ in our book so head over to the Rio and RUB restaurant where you can sample their luscious pulled pork, tender beef brisket or smoked turkey.
14. Pamper yourself with a complete spa day. We recommend QUA at Caesars Palace with their extensive menu of massages, water treatments, facials and more.
15. Take a mid-week tour of the Ethel M Chocolate factory (M – F) where employees craft the company’s gourmet chocolate candy offerings. For those willing to brave the heat, there is a three-acre Botanical Cactus Garden (with more than 300 varieties of plants) on premise that guests are free to wander.
- Smooth Spots to Grab a Cool Drink on the Las Vegas Strip
- Packing List for Las Vegas — A Few Things I Always Take
- List of “Things to Do” for this Vegas visit
- Cool Pools and Hot Deals at The Palazzo
- Truly, Madly, Cheaply — A Valentine’s Day Celebration for Less