Phoenix Casino Guide for Valley Bowl Game Visitors
Check out our new “sister” site: AZCasinoTravel.com for all your Phoenix and Arizona casino news, information and more!
Among all the visitors coming into Phoenix for the upcoming Insight and Fiesta bowls happening here in Arizona next week, there are bound to be a lot of casino gaming fans. For those who like to play, here is a list of our Phoenix and Scottsdale area casinos along with casino-related info on dining, lounges, shows, golf opportunities and more.
Casino Arizona: Two locations, both of which are just off the Loop 101 freeway making them very accessible to all the major hotels and resorts. Free limo service available by calling 480-850-7790.
Casino Arizona at Talking Stick: Loop 101 freeway at the Indian Bend Road exit. This is the casino most convenient to our north Phoenix/Scottsdale mega-resorts like the Fairmont Scottsdale, J.W. Marriott at Desert Ridge, Westin Kierland Resort or any of the hotels on Scottsdale Road north of Lincoln Drive.
- – This is the place for poker players. Large gaming room with 50+ tables, big screen TVs, table-side food service. Lots of Scottsdale locals play here.
- – High-limit room for slots and table games.
- – Try the Blue Coyote Grill for their spicy stir-frys.
- – Good selection of slots plus lots of video poker and vp variations including a 25¢ progressive.
- – Blazing 7′s machines near the 50-play video poker machines seem to pay well.
- – Golf: Talking Stick Golf Course
Casino Arizona at McKellips: Loop 101 freeway at the McKellips Road exit. Convenient to Tempe, the Loop 202 plus central and Old Town Scottsdale.
- – More than 1,000 slot and video poker machines including lots of new games.
- – Fun Vegas-style variety show — ”Showstoppers Live” — is a musical tribute show with Elvis, Madonna and other impersonators.
- – High-end steakhouse “Cholla” offers pricy but excellent food, a great wine list and is open until midnight on weekends.
- – The Piano Bar is a classy spot for a glass of wine and some good laid-back music.
Gila River Lone Butte Casino: Loop 202 at the Kyrene Road exit. Close to Chandler and the I-10 freeway. Good location if you are staying along the I-10 freeway.
- – Arizona’s newest casino (opened November 20) offers 850 slot machines, live blackjack, casino bingo, and poker. Games include Fortune Pai Gow Poker® Progressive, Let It Ride Three-Card Bonus® and Three-Card Poker® plus slots like the hot new eBay™ and Star Trek™ machines.
- – The gourmet Verona Chophouse restaurant menu spotlights aged beef while the adjacent cozy wine bar has a good list of bottles to chose from.
- – Cascades Lounge is hopping with live entertainment nightly.
- – High-limit room with slots and tables.
Gila River Wild Horse Pass Casino: I-10 freeway at Wild Horse Pass Boulevard exit and just a couple of miles from the Lone Butte casino.
- – Home to 875 slot machines, live poker, blackjack, keno and a 1500 seat high-stakes bingo room.
- – Next door to the very popular Arizona attraction, Rawhide Western Town, with its famous steakhouse and Wild West shows.
- – Park at the nearby Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort where you can dine at a number of restaurants including “Kai” — one of only two Five Diamond restaurants in all of Arizona – then take a flat-bottom boat ride to the casino. (This is one of our favorite evenings out!)
- –Golf: Whirlwind Golf Club with two courses.
Harrah’s Ak-Chin Casino: It’s a drive out to the town of Maricopa (about 40 minutes from Sky Harbor airport, exit Queen Creek Road off the I-10 freeway) but may be worth it if you are a Harrah’s Total Rewards Club® member wanting to get credit for your play.
- – New slot games like the popular Wizard of Oz™ plus lots of Super Times Pay™ video poker machines bring Phoenix players out to play.
- – The Range Steakhouse – a Harrah’s favorite – offers prime rib, lamb chops plus good seafood options like the sea scallops in chive butter.
- – Live poker, keno, blackjack and bingo as well as slots.
- – On the way, stop at Arena Sports Bar in Maricopa for some of the best Buffalo wings in Arizona.
Fort McDowell Casino: Located about 20 minutes from Scottsdale near the town of Fountain Hills, this casino is most convenient for those staying in north Phoenix or Scottsdale. The trip is worth it simply for the spectacular scenery you’ll see driving out on Shea Boulevard to the Beeline Highway and the casino.
- – New slots like Star Trek™ and Wizard of Oz™ plus lots of video poker machines including a $.25 progressive. Largest “smoke-free” gaming area in town.
- – Lots of dining options including the sophisticated Anhala Restaurant at the adjacent Radisson Fort McDowell resort. (The fish tacos with watermelon salsa are outstanding.)
- – Live entertainment in the Lucky Sevens Lounge.
- – Golf: Wee-Ko-Pa Golf Course.
- Casino Arizona Construction Update
- Weekend Events Around Phoenix Casinos
- New Gila River Casino on Pace to Open November 20
- Gila River’s New Lone Butte Casino Opens to Enthusiastic Crowd
- Harrah’s Casinos Team Up with WMS Gaming for New Hot Slot Game