We love Louis! Even if it is just window-shopping the posh purses at CityCenter Las Vegas and this two-story Louis Vuitton shop, the brand's largest store in North America.
Something we read on VegasChatter today made us get off our blogging butts and write this post we’ve been meaning to do for ages. While most of our trips to Vegas are geared around couples, we do indulge in the occasional “Girls Getaway” and that agenda is a whole lot different from any we follow when the boys come along.
Here are just a few suggestions – tried and true – of what to do on your next (if you happen to be female) girls trip to Las Vegas.
1. We love to get our girlie on with a visit to Sephora at Planet Hollywood’s Miracle Mile Shops. Better yet, book a FREE make-over and you’ll leave there looking like a million bucks. And yeah, just try not to buy any of the fabuloso stuff they use to create the new you.
2. Speaking of the Miracle Mile Shops at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino, you’ll definitely want to spend some time traipsing the circular mile-plus path and hitting such fun stores as H&M, Betsey Johnson, BCBG MAXAZRIA, Urban Outfitters, kitchen specialty shop Sur La Tab and our fave shop for cheap Vegas T-shirts, ABC Stores. (There are actually two of them in the mall.) Leave time for a stop at Fat Tuesday’s Daiquiri Bar where we highly recommend the Banana Banshee and the Mojito. (Word to the wise, drink too many of the latter and you won’t be able to movito away from the bar.)
3. When we travel with the boys, we find ourselves at lots of casino buffets – big fat breakfast and lunch buffets. While that’s fine for those trips, we really appreciate relaxing with the girls over a more refined meal – one that includes servers who, well, serve us. With that in mind, check out these girlie favorites:
- Serendipity 3 in front of Caesars Palace – Just look for the pink and white striped awnings and be sure to order the Cotton Candy Martini. Need we say more?
- Payard Bistro inside Caesars – The tiny jewel box of a restaurant serves some of the best breakfasts in town. The one that gets our morning going in the right direction is the Eggs Benedict on Croissant. This is the real-thing: perfect Hollandaise sauce, gently poached eggs, lean salty ham and the BEST croissant on the planet.
- Society Café at Encore – Yes, we know lots of guys like it but, really, take one look at all the frou-frou and fluff and it just screams gently whispers “Ladies-Who-Lunch” at you. The classic Tuna Nicoise and the fruit-and-nut laden Grilled Chicken salads are both fresh and, gulp, good for you as well.
4. No Las Vegas girls weekend is complete without this stop: Lunch or dinner on the Strip-side patio at Mon Ami Gabi restaurant which fronts Paris Las Vegas. This Vegas favorite combines the BEST people-watching opportunities with a menu sure to please the fussiest of groups (you know who you are) along with a front-row seat to the Fountain Show at Bellagio. Toss in a thoughtful wines-by-glass list, the must-have profiteroles for dessert AND superb service and you’ve got a spot to make everyone happy, happy.
5. Last stop, window-shopping at Crystals, the retail area of CityCenter, then onto ARIA Casino Hotel for our one big blow-out dinner of the trip at Sage. This funky yet sophisticated purple-and-gold outpost of Chef Shawn McClain is the most under-appreciated fine dining spot in Las Vegas. Really. The food is phenomenal and the service is excellent. The Roasted Day Boat Scallops with braised Oxtail/Wild Mushrooms/Salted Caramel Reduction (quoted from the menu) is one of the best scallop preparations we have ever had – anywhere. Start with the Foie Gras Custard Brûlée and end with any of the chocolate-centric desserts and you’ll leave a happy camperess. By the way, Sage now features Absinthe service, something we are definitely going to try during our next visit.